Monday, January 13, 2014

Above and Beyond Kids

I'm very lucky at my school. I have a lot of students who like to go the extra mile, challenge themselves further and enjoy being provided with little incentives!

Last year I did a "riddle of the week" with these riddles from Music in Motion 

I posted it on my "FYI" bulletin board outside of my classroom. They submitted their answers and I drew one every Friday and that person recieved a prize from the "Prize Bowl" in my office. It has candy, pencils, erasers, little toys, basically things I get at the book fair with my extra money the PTA gives me, or things I find in the dollar bins at Target and Michaels!

The excitement from the Riddle has died down so I decided I needed something new and fresh... I went to pinterest! What a great place to spark new ideas, or steal ideas from!

Here is what I came up with!

My plan is to give everyone with a correct answer a prize from the "Prize Bowl" and change the musician each month. This is fun because the kids have to really go the extra mile and research who the musician is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment